Friday, October 28, 2011

Hey Hey Hey

Hola!

So, I've really not been feeling too well. I think it's the weather, it seems like we are all suddenly getting worse, but we shall persevere! Ay? :).

I've been having symptoms ranging from heart rate issues (over the weeks my resting pulse- laying down is anywhere from high 50's to 100's), GI issues (heartburn, and nausea from the heart burn and other not so glamorous issues), headaches, etc. You guys know how it is! I had to make the decision to withdraw from my class...Well, I'm attempting too. I can either withdraw from it or audit it (take it but the grades won't count), and that depends on whether or not my appeal for a refund gets approved. I know- it sounds kind of confusing!

I also started Lexapro 10mg, unless I already mentioned that and forgot! I noticed a difference at first in my heart rate- but now I'm mainly only noticing it in my resting heart rate. I walked through our field today to get the dogs that decided they wanted to wander off (haha) and came back with a pulse of 146 (which I usually don't even get during exercise unless I'm doing squats!).

I am so dehydrated I feel like I just cannot drink enough.  Other than the yucky physical symptoms, things have been pretty good! Waiting on the Lord to show me what's next for my life! :).

Question time!
I didn't see questions from everyone, but I hope each and everyone of you are having a good weekend/start to the weekend depending on where you are!


Erin: I can imagine you have had a HUGE breath of relief with your EDS test results. I am grateful for you that it isn't! <3. Your questions from the last two weeks,  Do any of you all have any skin conditions or even overly sensitive skin? I know you were wondering if there was a connection with your EDS, but I don't have EDS and I definitely have sensitive skin. I have had mystery dry red patches show up on my face (among other skin issues) that were so difficult to get rid of, I also have to be careful with the products I use. But, I decided to go as natural as possible, so I use honey as a face wash and use oils to moisturize (like olive oil, which doesn't cause acne like some may be freaking out at the thought of slapping oil on their face!), you only use a tiny dab. I also wash my hair with baking soda and rinse with a vinegar/water solution. You can google the "No poo campaign" to find out more if you're interested!
Also, Are any of you on Mestinon? I am not but that was a drug offered to me, I was afraid to take it because of the side-effects. I recently learned that it can cause hepititus, so that made me even more afraid to try it. However, I am sure that is a rarity.
Rhianne: Your question, How do you cope when you are angry or stressed? As far as anger goes, I do it a couple of different ways, I go to the God I serve, I take a walk (if possible), lay down and think the situation through to find the best way to approach it, etc. Stess, again is a couple different ways, I go to God, I distract myself, I talk myself through it, I eat something sugary (haha), and I try and do something fun for myself.

Cheyanne: First, what a gorgeous smile and a gorgeous girl! How exciting! I remember getting my braces off, I LOVED the feeling of smooth teeth... Haha. And your question was, Does your heart rate go all over the place? Yes, I can be laying there and randomly feel tachy, and my pulse can range like I talked about above, from high 50's to 100's resting.
Miranda: You seem like you are having a really difficult time and I am sorry. Call me up if I can do anything for you! Your question, What is your favorite quote/ Bible verse that yyou find inspiring when you don’t feel well? Like you I have a number, but, one of my favorites is;
<><>
<><>
<><>
<><>
<><>
<><>
<><> <><> <><> <><>










“Therefore we do not lose heart, but though our outer man is decaying, yet our inner main is being renewed day by day. For momentary, light affliction is producing for us an eternal weight of glory far beyond all comparison, while we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen; for the things which are seen are temporal, but the things which are not seen are eternal.” 
-2 Corinthians 4:16-18


I like this because it reminds me that even though my physical body is sick and "decaying," that my life still has purpose, and it is working for an eternal glory which out weighs all of this suffering. It reminds me not to fix my eyes on what I see (my sick body in this physical world) but on what I can't see with my eyes- which is Jesus Christ and the eternal life I get to look forward too after my sick body is no longer working. <3

Logan, I am glad you finally got your NJ! I talked to you the other day, so I just want to say that I think you are such a trooper!

Francesca, I miss seeing your Sunday posts!

Tonya, it was great to see your posts too!

All you other ladies, I always enjoy seeing you post. Stay in touch :).

Alright my lovely ladies and our awesome readers,
Until next time,
Hannah <3








No comments:

Post a Comment