Sunday, October 2, 2011

Beta Blockers = Culprit

Hiii. Hello. Ciao. Bonjour! Hola!
:)
As many of you know, I have posted about being increasingly tired over the past month or so. I also have been gaining a considerable amount of weight. The culprit? Atenolol. Now, this is just my theory - I have not asked nor talked to a physician, so please take this advice with a grain of salt.

On the back of the bottle, my beta blocker clearly states that it can increase drowsiness and I'm thinking it's finally doing just that. I have been on them for well over a year now, but for some reason it's really starting to effect me. I am now taking them every other day and notice a slight difference. I hope this may help my weight as well. I just want to fit into my regular clothes comfortably again :)

As for the month of October, I am waiting on my lab results to come back regarding my EDS (type IV -vascular type) results to come back. The anticipation is the worst of all - I still understand the chances are very slim, but you still have that "what if" feeling. It's been one month and the results take 1-2months to come in, so we'll see!

I have been noticing that I am experiencing more problems with my EDS than with POTS. My joints pop every multiple times throughout the day and I have to be very conscious with any big movement I make :/ I need to go to the dentist really bad but everytime I go, I have an awful experience. If any of you don't know (which now makes sense) people with EDS do not heal properly and have excessive problems with the teeth and gums. When I need to get a cavity filled, I have to be careful which medicine I use (because of POTS and the numbing medicine has adrenalin in it) but it also takes way longer than usual as my mouth does not get numb easily - it takes a certain medicine and a lot of waiting and injections...blah

I get sores in my mouth quite frequently and foods can easily trigger sores as well, I don't quite understand that! Stupid thin, thin skin!

Anyways, sorry for the vent session.
I don't think there were any questions & I really don't have any at this moment.


**MAILING EXCHANGE**
You will be receiving an email tonight if you signed up to be on the mailing exchange list! Be on the look out and thank you to everyone who wanted to participate!!**  
If you still would like to add your address to participate, please just email me at ambivalentbliss(at)gmail(dot)com and I will get you the info!


Blessing to you all,
xoxo
♥ Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment