Friday, June 17, 2011

Late Again!

Hey guys, I really need to get myself on track! I'm 5 hours late for posting this time, but I was busy yesterday and fell asleep on the couch...again.


On Wednesday I had a psychiatrist appointment to check up on my med change (last time we upped my Luvox), which has been working well. While I was there I told my doctor about my brain fog and how I can't concentrate much (I used to be able to read a 700 page book in two days, now I can't even read a 100 page one in that time frame) so he suggested that I try Focalin XR, which is generally used for HDHD, but he thought it would work well with me on a low dose. I'm going to try it today when I take the rest of my meds. I'm kind of worried about the side effects, because of my arrhythmia's (it can make those worse) and all my GI issues (it can make those worse too).


Congrats Logei on your self control! I ate pickles with my breakfast yesterday and felt like I was gonna throw up for hours! I lost another 10 pounds from not being able to eat; my theory is that if I do eat, then I won't want to stop or I'll eat something I shouldn't, so I've just been on a mainly soup and crackers diet.


Last Saturday my dad and I took a trip to the National Zoo in D.C, which was of coarse a bad idea. It was so hot there; it must have been at least 90 degrees, plus humidity. We had to keep stopping because I kept blacking out and stumbling around blindly. I made a video of it with a few pictures, so if you'd like to check that out, it's on my YouTube. 


As I was just searching around aimlessly on the internet the other day I found this necklace, it says "this too  shall pass" in Hebrew and I really want it! There's also this ring that has Psalm 73:26 inscribed in Hebrew on it.


Now on to the questions...But before I forget, Hannah, I hate coconuts, so coconut water is not a good idea, but thanks for the tip on the aloe drink.


Hannah's question: What is a skill you’ve developed or a hobby you’ve picked up on since getting sick with POTS? I haven't really picked up anything, but I do love photography. I actually have a huge folder of pictures I've taken on my laptop, I'll put some on here. I don't really have the patience to knitting or crochet. I love making food too, but my mom doesn't trust me using the stove/oven much.



Logei's question: How often do you pray? I don't count or anything, but usually it's spontaneous. A lot of times when I'm "zoned out" I'm just praying. I always keep Psalm 73:26 in mind (My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.) I actually want a tattoo of that, as a constant reminder.


Have a good weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment