Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Me Verses The Shower

Hey guys, feels like forever since I talked to you!

The last week was not my best week. Long story short, I got my dreaded monthly gift on Tuesday, and with it came some nasty symptoms. I'm feeling better now though thankfully.
The most unpleasant thing is that I'm terrified of taking showers now. My sensitivity to touch has gotten really bad, and I get so sick from even just the feeling of the water pouring on my skin. Also I seem to be really sensitive to temperature lately too, so that doesn't help anything either.
On top of all this, I'm really struggling with my metabolism. It went up really high thanks to my healthy diet, and I've been needing about 4000 calories a day! But right now all I can handle is maybe 3200-3500. Believe me my body notices the difference, and I'm not feeling quite as good. 

Rhianne- I know how you feel, I get kinda sad when I think about how I spend my day, cooped up in the house, mostly doing hw and crocheting/knitting all the time like an old lady.

Your Question- if your ten year  old self met you now, would they be proud?

I don't know, I have certainly grown up a bit, but I'm still just as big a sinner as I was when I was 10. I am still completely dependent on Jesus, and I will be for the rest of my life, but there's nothing wrong with that. I think my 10 year old self would mostly be afraid if they met me, she would see that in several years she was going to be sick, locked in the house all the time, isolated, unable to even go to school or go to church. She wouldn't be able to handle it, to be honest I can't handle it sometimes. Its hard.

Emily- How do you deal with a relative who just doesn't understand what it's like to have a chronic illness I'm so sorry you have to deal with this! Mostly I just try to remember that other people don't "NEED" to understand. God understands, He sees everything I go through and He understands it perfectly, and I remind myself that that's all I need. 
Sometimes I do try explaining things in different ways or using analogies if they don't seem to get it when I explain it the first time. If even that doesn't work then I just leave them alone or pray about it. Other people's ignorance isn't my fault, and sometimes there's nothing I can do about it. 

Miranda – so sorry your joints are bugging you. Aside from diet, I also noticed that this joint supplement really helped - http://www.consumerhealthanswers.com/elations-reviewed.htm

Do you take vitamins? Not at the moment, I'm getting plenty of everything from my diet. But I usually take supplements.  
Michelle R- What settles your heart rate best? - I am on some medications (Flornief and Propranolol), those help alot. Also physical therapy has helped alot, and a healthy diet too. It really helps so many of my symptoms.

Christine – Any suggestions for confronting friends who are doing annoying things that bother your Dysautonomia? - Just tell them whats wrong, and do it with love and patience. If they don't get it, or they get mad at you, its not your fault. Its on them not you!
P.S. Sorry I didn't get to see you today. I had a doctors appt! You will have to show me that bracelet next week!

My question.. Do you have any really bad habits? I have an awful one, I've had it for years, I pick or scratch at my scalp, sometimes still it bleeds. I don't know why I do it, my scalp doesn't itch or anything. I just do! Wearing a bandana or putting my hair up in some way really helps me to keep my hands out of it, otherwise I haven't found anything that helps. 
 
- Logan

No comments:

Post a Comment