Friday, January 27, 2012

Getting Caught Up

I'm finally getting caught up on my algebra 2 class! I stayed after school today and I'm going to again some more next week. It's really awesome to have a teacher that can sympathize with what I (and we) are dealing with, although she doesn't quite understand it. My memory is also pretty bad, my math skills also, so it takes me a lot longer than everyone else to learn and actually comprehend it. 

I don't remember if I mentioned it before, but we're in the process of looking for a new house, and in the next month or so we'll be moving. I'm really anxious to see how my mom and I make it through the move; last time we moved it was a year or so before my POTS started getting bad and before my mom's pain and ankylosing spondylitis/arthritis got bad too.

I'll move onto the questions before I start rambling on too much.

Cheyanne:  Does being on your period set your POTS off? Not really, but I do get really bad cramps and vertigo. 

Rhianne: I haven’t tried yoga, I’ve looked up some basic stuff but it all looks like positions that I can’t be in for very long, without getting tachycardia and all that good stuff. Your question was how do you stop yourself from overdoing it? I really don’t do much, but if I do I always take breaks (and naps). I’ve even sat on the shelves in grocery stores because I needed a break. :)

Erin: What do you all take for colds? I rarely just get colds; I’m like a magnet for bronchitis, coxsackievirus and strep throat. But I’d suggest hot tea with honey (I like a bit of lemon too).

Michelle K: Do you suffer from abdominal pain and if so is it's something that has been investigated, or is it just a POTS thing? Yes, I always have abdominal pain (and nausea). My gastroenterologist won’t do any more testing on me, so I really don’t know why I have it. He said it was from constipation, which is something that I also frequently have, then dismissed it. I’m really hoping to do to the doctor that Hannah suggested, but I keep forgetting to ask my mom to call!

Bis zum nächstes Mal,
Miranda

No comments:

Post a Comment