Wednesday, February 22, 2012

There is only one great physician and that is God.

My geneticist appointment went horrible! The doctor knew nothing about EDS. She claimed that people with EDS do not have chronic pain. She also did not even do the Beighton Scale on me. And she barely looked me over. Now I am going to see someone at Shands. 

I have been trying to do more exercising. My POTS does improve with exercise. My pulse was 85 standing after doing the stationary bike for 25 minutes. I did get extremely sick afterwards before my pulse improved. I think I pushed myself a little too hard. My stomach hurt so bad, I was heaving, my blood pooling was outrageous, I was dizzy, etc. After all of that wore off I felt good though. Yesterday my mom and I did a 10 minute exercise video. I managed to mess up my hip in the process. 

My Question: What is your preferred exercise?

Hannah's Question: Any advice for trying to form a good sleeping habit...?
Try to go to sleep and wake up at the same time everyday. If you have horrible insomnia like I used to, then talk to your doctor about a medicine that may help with sleeping. I am on a low dose of Doxepin and it knocks me out at night. It is actually an Anti-depressant. I was put on it for pain and to use the drowsiness side effect to help me sleep. I don't have any weird reactions with it at all (I usually react to everything).  The bad part of it is that it doesn't work for my pain. 

Rihanne's Question: What subjects are compulsory for you?
To graduate high school I need: 4 English credits, 4 Mathematics credits, 3 Science Credits (2 have to be lab sciences), For social studies I need 3 credits, 1 World Language (if you want to go to college), 1 Fine Arts credit, 1 Physical Education credit, and 8 Electives.  

I hope y'all have a great week. 
God bless!
-Cheyanne :)

No comments:

Post a Comment