Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Christine: 40 something

Christine: I have dysautonomia, for many years. I am 44 years old and live in upstate New York, USA. Hobbies: knitting, crocheting, reading, cycling on the Erie Canal. I am on Social Security Disability Income and Social Security Income. I have stomach emptying problems, asthma, GERD, rheumatoid arthritis, osteo arthritis, fibromyalgia, mitral valve prolapse, ADHD, epilesey, allergies, high blood pressure, congestive heart failure, low body temperature, , sesitivity to temperature changes, sensitive to heat and humidity, and a few more. As I become older the symptoms appear to be more manageable partly due to knowing my limits. The biggest help was giving my disease up to Jesus Christ my Lord and Savior. Christ has made a differece in my life. He has given me the willpower to expose my nervous system to the things that trigger my nervous system into overload. Stress is a trigger for my dysautonomia. Recently, I have been under major stress. I am tryiong to lose weight and have been on and off of prerdnisone for the last three years which has not helped.

My question: Any suggestions for confronting friends who are doing annoying things that bother your dyautonomia?

Answers to blogger's questions:

Emily:
How bad is brain fog and what do you label as brain fog? Brain gog ooops fog is troublesome. Wow did I just call that gog? My friends think I am in another world or seem very confused. I forget thiongs (things) easily and can't spell worth a hoot. I have to write lists for everything or I forget to do things. Sometimes I become lost in places where I have been many times. I mix up words in my conversations and or I don't remeber (remember) a conversation at all. Comprehension of anything is challenging. Thick presence felt inside sort of like tunnel vision and looking out at things.

Cheyanne: What is your prefferred exercise? Running: can't do it right now. Swimming: its low impact and tai chi.

Rhianne: Holistic medicine? I have several doctors who believe in a holistic approach to health. I wish insurance covered more like suppliments. I have food stamps which doesn't pay for all of my nutritional requirements so following a raw food diet is more successful in the summer months.

Peace and Joy in the Lord,
Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment