Thursday, May 17, 2012

I Don't Know What To Title This

Hey guys!! Sorry i haven't been here but between internet troubles and a kind of anxiety/depression relapse I haven’t been updating but I’m back now! Headaches and super fatigue haven't helped either. This is a bit of a long post, and the same one on my blog, but since I haven't updated in a while I thought I should make it longer.

In contrast to the rest of my year the past few weeks have been eventful. I had my choir trip, an ER trip and my banquet. Plus stress from school, which only has like one more week.

Now to elaborate on said events…

The choir trip was absolutely crazy. Every day, and there was four,  was at least 18 hours long and no rests. We went to a museum, did competition, went to an amusement park, and went to two church services. The first church was a Messianic Jewish church that was absolutely amazing! They invited us to dinner, had communion and during the service we danced and sang (occasionally in Hebrew). I’m not used to going to such a liberal church, most of the ones that I go to are quite conservative and to be honest, boring. That being said, I’m trying to find a congregation near me that I can check out.

One night during the choir trip apparently I got bit by some type of bug. I woke up in the morning with bites all over my arm, hip, stomach, back and one on my ear. During the day the swelling, pain and itching got worse so after the church service (the first one) my teachers and I decided it would be best to go to the ER, since we didn’t know exactly what they were. The hospital I went to was wonderful; they were fast, courteous and actually listened when I told them about my dysautonomia. (The doctor I saw took notice of my emergency bracelet and asked what POTS was.) After looking at them he diagnosed them as infected spider or mosquito bites. I was put on prednisone and an antibiotic, both of which tasted absolutely disgusting.
In the morning.

After the church service.

And a few days later.
Banquet was kind of boring but the events leading up to it was pretty fun. But before I go on about it, I should probably explain what it is! Banquet is a junior/senior dinner type even that is pretty much meant to recognize the seniors and it’s my school’s version of prom.  My dress was really pretty and it amazed me because we bought it online so I was expecting it to be messed up or something. I also got my hair done the day of Banquet.


Anyway, back to the present.. I’ve recently been having trouble with one of my classes (that I really don’t care to elaborate on) that’s been making my recent depression/anxiety regression worse. I’m not sure even why it’s happening; I upped my dosage of Lamectil to 100mg so maybe that could be causing a bad side effect. Personally, I think that I need to switch to another antidepressant, since I’ve been on Luvox for about 2 years now. But the problem with that is that Luvox is meant for both OCD and depression, and if I go on another medication id probably have to go on two different ones for each thing.

Also this weekend is an air show at the Air Force base that my dad serves at so I’m thinking of going to that. I’m not sure though, since my fatigue has been incredibly bad to the point that I can only be up for 3 or 4 hours a whole day. Plus the two hour drive to there and the noise might make me really sick. 

I’m going to stop myself here before I ramble too much and go on to the questions.

What is your favorite song? I listen to a lot of music, but I'd have to say Beyond the Sea by Bobby Darin right now.

What is your favorite phone/ipad app or what is a something "fun" you would recommend to do when you are home and feeling icky? I don't have many apps for my ipod/iphone but if I'm home I usually just go outside or watch tv.

Are you on a beta blocker? Nope, I haven't been to my cardiologist since last year since he won't do anything. And it would be my luck that when we schedule an appointment with another one, Dr Grubb will call.

Have you ever had a doctor suggest anything interesting/out of the norm, such as coca cola to help control symptoms? Nope, but I have heard of coca cola syrup for upset stomachs.

Do any of you get carsick, and how do you handle it? Do any of you take Dramamine? I do get car sick but I usually just try to sleep or listen to music.

Do you have any study tips for when you have brain fog? Haha no. Yesterday I forgot all my books at home when I was supposed to be going up to class, so brain fog/general forgetfulness is my enemy right now.

What over the counter medication, or herbal/vitamin/mineral supplements do you guys find that help with headaches, and/or allergies? I usually just take ibuprofen.

Have a nice week! -Miranda 


No comments:

Post a Comment