Thursday, November 3, 2011

I am late on posting again, so sorry!

I was having a rough time last night and I couldn't find anybody online to sub for me. My stomach issues have declined in the past week, and so has my appetite! I've already lost 2 pounds in a week from not wanting to eat. I just do not feel hungry and when I put food to my mouth I get extremely queasy. I pray this does not end how it almost ended last time. If this continues a couple more weeks then hopefully I can get on the same medication that jump started my stomach before when my gastroparesis had started. The whole process is confusing. It all began with dumping...my stomach was really fast and every time I would eat it would immediately come right back out. A couple months after that I had severe gastroparesis and my stomach wasn't working much at all. Since then it has improved, but now it appears to be not working so well again.

School has been a bit stressful this week. I have so much work due on all different days and I cannot take the textbook home so I was freaking out a bit about that in class today. One benefit of only going to school one period like I do is that I feel like I can focus more on my classes more...except on my brain fog days.

Tuesday I had my first real aquatic physical therapy session! It went well. The following day I was not sore at all, which was a big shocker. Other than that nothing new is really happening with me. :)

Miranda's Question: What is your favorite quote/Bible verse that you find inspiring when you do not feel well?
  • Psalm 107:20 He sent forth his word and he healed them; he rescued them from the grave.
  • I found this on the internet the other day and loved it: "Please understand the difference between "happy" and "healthy". When you've got the flu you probably feel miserable with it, but I've been sick for years. I cannot be miserable all of the time. In fact, I work hard at not being miserable. So if you're talking to me and I sound happy, it means I'm happy. That's all. I may be tired. I may be in pain. I may be sicker than ever. Please don't say, "Oh you're sounding better." I am not sounding better. I am sounding happy." 
Hannah: Thank you! Oh, no...I hope you feel better. GI issues can be the worst! I'm no longer taking Mestinon. What you said about the side-effects scared me LOL.

Francessca: I am glad you found something that helps a bit with the EDS pain!

Logan: What is the protein shot called? I saw a nutritionist and she told me I was not getting nearly enough protein. It is nearly impossible for me to get it all through my diet. My blood work is showing issues because I am not getting enough protein.

God bless!
-Cheyanne

No comments:

Post a Comment