Wednesday, July 25, 2012

More GI issues.

My stomach is kicking my butt at the moment. Hahaha. It is back to its normal slow self now. I've been so nauseous and I keep getting the hiccups (gastroparesis thing). On a good day I get about 1500 calories a day, which is not too bad. I am eating enough to maintain a weight between 99 and 101 pounds. My problem is that everything makes me sick, so my diet is pretty much the same day after day. I do not get all of the food groups in. I do not get enough protein and we discovered months ago that my body is taking from the muscle I already have. I am peeing out my muscle. Over the past two years my energy levels have declined tremendously. I know most of that stems from being malnourished. I am not getting the nourishment I need. It is nearly impossible when everything makes me sick, I don't digest meat or raw veggies well, and I have SOOO many other diet restrictions.

A couple weeks ago I had joined this Gastroparesis teen group on Facebook. Most of the girls on there have feeding tubes. I have talked to them about it and they said that they do not regret getting their tubes at all. They still have nausea and other symptoms, but they are able to have lives. They can go to school and hold down a job. Most of them do have underlying conditions as well. That has made me consider getting a GJ tube. If it could help me live a mostly normal life, then that would be great! My POTS could improve also because I would be able to get in enough fluids and sodium. I would still have all of my EDS issues and other dysautonomia issues, but my GI issues are and have always been the worst. I wish I could tell how much I could benefit from it without undergoing the major surgery. I know that the option is always open, even if I don't decide anytime soon. 

Miranda's Question: When (or if) you get blood pooling do your knees hurt with it?
Not really. It usually just hurts below my knees. Oh, and congrats on your college entrance exam! :)

Rhianne's Question: What TV shows do you watch?I watch: Pretty Little Liars, Teen Mom, and Switched at Birth.

I am glad your headaches disappeared! 

Hannah's Question: Do you have communication issues?
No, I wouldn't say I do. I have never been a big talker, and I am not around people all of the time like I used to be. I really don't communicate with very many people except my family and my boyfriend. I do forget what I was going to say quite often, but I don't stutter or any of that. 

I hope you are feeling better from the stomach virus!

Logan: You didn't have a question. I am sorry you aren't feeling well! The picture of the sky from your new house is beautiful. :)

My question: I had a question all planned out, but I had to drive to the store and now I forgot. Um this isn't what I was originally going to ask but...one of my tumblr friends is doing this poll to see if there is a personality link between dysautonomia. Here is the quiz, so if you want to take it and post your results then I will let her know. :) 

My result: ISFJ - “Conservator”. Desires to be of service and to minister to individual needs - very loyal. 13.8% of total population.

Have a great week. God bless!
-Cheyanne





No comments:

Post a Comment