Thursday, July 5, 2012

Cardiologists are so smart that they are stupid.

Wow, what a week! Last (Thursday?) I was in the ER for my shortness of breath, chest pain, and palpitations. They did an EKG and an x-ray and those came back normal. They sent me home and told me to come back to see the cardiologist there immediately in the morning to do an echocardiogram. They were worried about my aorta possibly being enlarged and or Mitral Valve Prolapse. Those doctors had me kind of worried. My echo from December was perfect, and usually those types of things don't come on that quickly, so it didn't exactly make much sense. I was pretty sure it was the dysautonomia. The next day I went to see the cardiologist who they told me to see. My family and I were all sleep deprived and almost ran out of gas getting there. They put us with a cardiologist who specializes with pregnant women whose babies have heart defects inside the womb! That man noticed that I had been to that facility for an echocardiogram two years ago and that one was fine. He sent me home without doing a thing!! NOTHING. If he knew anything about connective tissue disorders he would know that two years can make a big difference (he didn't know I actually had an echo in December somewhere else). I was so aggravated because he didn't even attempt to help me. He said that I needed to see the other cardiologist that he works with. They wouldn't see me back until August!!! If something was truly an emergency with my heart then y'all might as well start planning my funeral because I'd be dead by then. Before I went to the ER I was told to there if my symptoms persisted because my usual cardiologist could not get me in. Since nobody did anything, I went on in to my original appointment with my usual cardiologist. I told him that the ER suggested that I have an echocardiogram done and he refused to do one. Every time I go into his office he does an echo and the one time someone else suggests that he do one then he won't do it! He did give me a beta blocker. I have not started it yet because my blood pressure has been so low and I hear that it can lower it. Fainting is not something I necessarily want to do right now, so we are waiting. I hope that it works when I do choose to take it. I asked my cardiologist if it could possibly make me faint and all he said was this: If you think you are going to faint, then you are going to faint. Basically the summary of this post is that I have had it with cardiologists lol. 

Today I went to the movie theater and saw the new Spiderman movie and it was great! I didn't get a migraine either. :)

Michelle K's Question: What medications are you on for POTS/Dysautonomia?
I take Doxepin. It is used to treat insomnia and pain. Other than that I am on nothing for dysautonomia. 

Rhianne's Question: How much independence do you have?
What is independence?? Hahaha. I was more independent when I was 10. :|

Hannah's Question: How do you do in the sun?
The majority of the time not very good. My pulse increases tremendously. I sometimes get a rash too, but that is from Mast Cell problems. 

My Question: How often do you feel like you cannot breathe?


I hope everyone is having a decent week. God bless. xx
-Cheyanne

No comments:

Post a Comment