Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Hey Cheyanne

Hey girlie, I get the sensory overload too. I'm sensitive to sound, temperature, and touch everyday, and I'm often sensitive to light and smells too. Its pretty much kept me home bound for the last 4 years, and although my sensitivity has been a little better the last say.. month and a half... I still have to protect myself when I'm out of the house, and sometimes I can't go out at all. Especially if I have a migraine and my sensitivity is extreme that day, or its too hot/too cold... something beyond my control where I can't protect myself.
Miranda and Hannah will remember this.. 2 years ago me and my dad drove down to visit them. I got very sick from sensory overload the day before we left, and the trip was full of sensory overload too. For about 2 weeks I was pretty sick and I had problems regulating my body temperature. I had to be very careful how I dressed, if I tried to use a blanket or wear too much clothing I would get a fever. After we got home and I was able to rest with some peace and quiet for a week, my body recovered and things pretty much went back to normal.
I don't think you're crazy, its possible that sensory overload worsened your symptoms, or it could have just been a coincidence.
- Logan.

No comments:

Post a Comment